CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 4, 2008

San Antone, the Beechnut Party House, and one cute little boy!

Hola everyone out there in blogger land!  We have had a busy couple of weeks...mostly fun, but yesterday was a big, bad ugly!  I caught some kind of stomach bug...YUCK...I haven't been that sick in a long time.  It is so difficult being sick and attempting to care for an 11-month old...to say the least I felt like a horrible mom!  I'm a lot better and am on the road to recovery.  Thatch caught a milder version of what I had...luckily, he only had fever and only felt miserable for a few hours.  Here are some recent pics:



I love this picture!  I got him these awesome boots (to wear to the National Finals Rodeo when we go later this year)...thanks to Mica and Abbie for convincing me to get them, I would've been so mad if I hadn't.

On, to our mini-vacation...a couple of weeks ago, the Tiptons, the Meltons, and Jeff and I went to the hill country for a little get away.  We went on Thursday night, got in late to the Beechnut Party House (so named for the street it was on, it was hardly a party house with 3 couples exhausted from lives full of craziness and little ones)...we were a little worried when "Jim" didn't answer our call on arrival, finally on the 3rd call he answered and gave us the code to get in the house...whewww!  Below is a picture of our crib for the weekend...
On Friday, the girls went to the outlet mall...lots of fun and tons of shopping.  We were NOT very good influences on each other, quite the opposite actually.  We did come to the conclusion that "outlet" malls are a not what you would think...we found no crazy deals and steals.  We found stuff to buy, don't get me wrong, but nothing that we came away bragging about the great prices.  We had a great time and enjoyed rare alone time with great friends.  Friday night we ate at Mi Tierra, the most heavenly Mexican food ever, and topped the night off walking along the Riverwalk.  On Saturday, we went through the hill country to a winery and had lunch, it was really good food...however, we all agreed that we had never enjoyed a 4hr lunch...this place was what you call RELAXED!  Good thing we weren't on any kind of schedule.  We drove on to Fredricksburg and walked around the cute little shops, by this time we were pretty broke, so there weren't many purchases.  Sunday morning we got up and drove to Driftwood, TX (outside of Austin) to have lunch at the Salt Lick, hands down the best BBQ I have every eaten!  Here are the boys getting ready to chow down!  Hope you all are having a great Thursday!




2 comments:

Varner said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Looks like y'all had a great trip and I love the boots!

Miranda said...

I'm so glad you were all able to get away! And good call on the boots...he is too cute with them!